Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Getting Published

Well, I'm being published soon.  That sounds so pretentious to say.  I revised and submitted three poems from April to the literary journal O-Dark-Thirty.  They chose to publish one in the forthcoming August edition of their quarterly journal.  I won't tell you which one, because you can barely recognize it in its revised state.

For fun, here is the bio I sent to accompany my piece.   Author's bios are always written in the third person.

If you've never heard of O-Dark-Thirty, you should check them one.  Its a wonderful new rag only about a year old, grown from the Veterans Writing Project.  They accept fiction, non-fiction, visual art, and poetry from veterans.  The project also hosts free workshops around the country for veterans on writing (I would love to attend, or teach at one of these workshops some day...).

No comments:

Post a Comment