Friday, April 19, 2013

Mementos & Junk



bandanas of assorted hue and design
a watch which stopped telling time July 11, 2009
knives of varying length and sharpness, all made by or given from: my father
a sewing kit, missing one needle with no more black thread
wallet size pictures of my wife and I, capturing college times afar and places no longer near
another watch, this one living in a different time zone
scratched sunglasses
chap stick
paper clips
an old birthday card
a five by seven photograph of my grandparents, they always looked content
a book of matches, from an Italian restaurant I don’t remember eating at
handkerchiefs, something my father uses but I never took out of the packaging
a blue brochure titled “Need someone to talk with?” from a counselor I never called
boot laces and shoe laces
a metallic, black fallen warrior bracelet commemorating
21 May 2007
a crumpled receipt for 16.1 gallons of gasoline
a vile of myrrh
and my dog tags

(this is [what’s in the top drawer of my dresser])

1 comment:

  1. A wonderful man, a wonderful father, salt of the earth..that was my Dad...

    ReplyDelete